It is essential to understand that color changes on your teeth can happen gradually. Even though they can be subtle, you may notice yellow marks, which will affect your appearance, among other things.
Remember that teeth tend to darken or yellow as we age. Generally, the tooth or enamel’s outer part will wear away as time goes by, making yellow dentin more transparent than before. We are talking about the second layer of tooth beneath the white enamel we tend to see.
You should visit this link: https://www.wikihow.com/Whiten-Teeth-with-Natural-Methods to learn more about natural whitening methods.
One way to improve your appearance is to visit a dentist since a procedure is simple, long-lasting, and instantaneous. However, some people cannot undergo this particular procedure due to their oral health situation.
Therefore, if you do not have enough money to handle a whitening procedure with a professional, you can try a few natural ways to do it. However, you need to be careful because you will damage your teeth if you do not do it properly.
Simultaneously, you may wear away the enamel, which will cause sensitivity apart from other problems you will experience. Therefore, it is always better to consult with a professional before you start home treatment.
Here, we wish to explore the different, natural options you can choose to improve your teeth appearance.
Natural Remedies for Yellow Teeth
We can differentiate various options that will help you get rid of lousy looking teeth. You can choose a few of them or combine them to see which one will work for you the best.
- Brushing – Even though it seems obvious, you should know that brushing your teeth frequently and correctly is the first step of making your teeth whiter than they were. It is essential to brush it after consuming food that leaves stains. However, we recommend avoiding brushing them after consuming acidic drinks and foods because if you do it right away, an acid will affect your oral health. You should do it at least twice a day for two minutes, and you need to make sure to get into all crevices and cracks, which can seem tedious and boring, but it will prevent expensive dentist appointments. It would be best to brush them in a circular motion because you will protect your gums against potential problems. At the same time, you should brush outside, inside, and chewing surfaces, which is something most people tend to neglect. You can find a wide array of whitening toothpaste that will help you with the process. Most of them feature small levels of abrasives that will remove surface stains, but you need to brush gently to avoid further issues.
- Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda – You can create a homemade paste from hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, which is an effective way to get rid of stains and remove bacteria and plaque. You should mix two tablespoons of hydrogen with one tablespoon of baking soda and stir everything until you make a paste. It is vital to rinse your mouth with water afterward. When it comes to making a mouthwash, you can combine water with baking soda or add small amounts of hydrogen peroxide to make it more effective. You can find both hydrogen and baking soda in your closest convince store. However, it would help if you were patient and persistent, and you will notice differences in the next six weeks.
- Coconut Oil – You can also use coconut oil to remove bacteria and plaque from your mouth, which is an essential step that will help you improve your appearance. Of course, we recommend you to check out organic oil that you can find in your convenience store or online, depending on your preferences. You have to use two teaspoons of coconut oil in a liquid state in your mouth and swish it for the next ten to thirty minutes. You should avoid letting oil touch your throat and avoid swallowing it because it will feature high levels of bacteria and toxins from your mouth. Finally, you should avoid spitting in drains because it can create a clog, and instead do it in a wastepaper basket or toilet. It is vital to rinse your mouth afterward and brush your teeth to get the best results possible.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – You can also use small amounts of apple cider vinegar to improve the appearance of your mouth. The main goal is to make a mouthwash by using six ounces of water combined with two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. You should swish it for at least thirty seconds to get the best results possible. Of course, you need to brush your teeth and rinse them with water afterward. According to a few studies, apple vinegar can cause bleaching to your teeth. However, it can lead to damage to a surface and harness as well. That is the main reason why you should use it with caution.
- Banana Peels, Orange, and Lemon – According to some statements rubbing banana peels, orange, or lemon on your teeth can increase the whiteness. Studies have shown that citric acids and d-limonene can help you with the process of improving your appearance. The easiest way to do it is to gently rub peels on your teeth for at least two minutes to make it work. When you finish, it is vital to rinse your mouth thoroughly.
- Activated Charcoal – Finally, you can use activated charcoal to deal with yellow stains on your teeth. As soon as you click right here, you will be able to learn everything about whitening process. A few studies have shown that charcoal can remove stains and pigment traces from your teeth because it comes with significant absorbent properties. It can also help you remove toxins and bacteria from your mouth. Of course, you can also find a toothpaste that features charcoal as an addition to help you with the whitening process. You have to open a capsule with activated charcoal and place them on the toothbrush. You should gently brush for at least two minutes to get the best results possible. In case you have sensitivity issues, you should limit charcoal usage and instead choose other options we have mentioned above. On the other hand, you can leave it on your teeth for a few minutes instead of brushing, which will reduce its abrasive properties.
As you can see from everything we’ve mentioned above, you can choose a wide array of options for whitening.
However, the choice should depend on your current oral health, which is why you should visit your dentist before you make up your mind.