Eyes are known to be one of the most sensitive organs in the human body. Thus, it needs to be examined at least once in a year to keep it healthy and well functioning. However, numerous people try to evade examination of eyes due to ignorance of its importance or because of pursuing their life goals.
What are the signs that indicate you need to examine your eyes immediately?
- When your vision becomes blurred and you are unable to read the letters of signboards.
- You find it difficult to view the objects clearly at night.
- You aren’t able to focus the words on the screen of your computer or of your mobile phone.
- If you see floaters and flashes of light suddenly that can happen due to tear in the retina of the eye.
- When you see double images. It is a major symptom of eye disorder Diplopia.
- While your eyes start watering because of infection.
- If there is pain in eye parts because of pressure behind your eyes.
- While you endure constant headaches.
- Swelling is seen around the eyes.
- If you are diabetic.
Many of the eye ailments can be avoided or treated successfully if eye examination is done in well acclaimed eye care centers like Aurora vision center. Blurry vision at night hours are signs of cataract and if treated in early stage it won’t lead to any complication.
Old age, straining eyes for long hours in front of computer screen or playing games on mobile are some of the main reasons that can spoil your eye’s vision. Frequent headaches may be caused due to eye issues like astigmatism. If left untreated it may result in enduring severe headaches. You may need to be treated for Glaucoma if headaches are ignored.
Diplopia mostly occurs in one eye, however if left ignored it can affect the other healthy eye too. The prominent causes behind the occurrence of Diplopia are irregular shaped cornea, dry eye and ailments of cornea like keratoconus.
Glaucoma can occur mainly because of high pressure in the eyes. It damages the function of optic nerve hence the person’s vision gets affected. Eyes are prone to be easily affected by bacterial infection. Itchiness, redness and watery eyes are some of the symptoms of infected eyes.
Numerous kinds of ailments associated with eyes can be prevented if proper examination of eyes is done by an expert optometrist.